Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Meat Tip

Recently, when my mom was visiting, she commented on how I store my hamburger meat. I buy it in bulk and break it up and store it in ziplock freezer baggies. Before I put it in the freezer, I use a rolling pin to flatten it. It's a great space saver and it only takes about 2 hours to thaw!



Here's a tip on top of a tip-you can get ziplock freezer baggies at the Dollar Tree!


Now for another one!
Instead of searching for stocking stuffers while I'm dealing with the craziness of Christmas, I shop for them all year. I have a box for each person I need to stuff a stocking for and throughout the year when I come across a good stuffer, I buy it then and put it in the box. This way, I don't feel like I'm spending a ton of money-rather I stretch out the cost over the year and I feel like I can get a better collection of stuff for the person I'm buying for. Also, I don't buy Christmas candy for my stockings. I wait until Halloween candy goes on sale and buy candy that isn't in a fall or Halloween wrapper. I save between 50&75% off on candy for Christmas. Usually I buy a lot, and use the leftovers for extra treat bags.

Hope those are some useful tips for you!

(do you get it "meat tip"-I crack myself up!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Genius! I never thought to flatten the meat out so it stores and thaws better. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete